The training course “Goodbye Violence” was aimed at promoting the non-violent approach to the conflict management. It emphasized the role of non-violent actions in the peace-building process and especially concentrated on the role of the youth in this context as the main moving power and beneficiary of peace.
The objectives of this training course were:
- to deepen participants’ knowledge and understanding on non-violent actions and peace-building process by discussing the key concepts of the non-violent actions and peace-building,
- to provide participants with theoretical knowledge and practical skills to act as educated civic activists in non-violent actions who respect such values, as equality, tolerance, democracy and human rights,
- to discuss the success stories and give the opportunity to the participants to share their own practice mentioning the challenges, problems and also achievements,
- to motivate participants to act multipliers of the project and activists in the non-violent actions,
- to enhance network and cooperation between the participants.
The TC brought together 36 young leaders from 6 countries such as (Armenia, Georgia, Turkey, Czech Republic, Poland, Latvia). The methods used included plenary sessions, discussions, workshops, creativity sessions, intercultural and interactive exercises and other non-formal education methods. The TC also included project planning sessions for follow-up events and future networking.
Seven day training was held in Dilijan, Armenia from 17-24 May, 2013.